Friday, August 10, 2012

The Comeback

Wow! I do not even remember the last time that I had signed in to blogspot but I was definitely surprised to see the new look. Well I guess it has been a while and like everything around us, blogspot seems to have changed. Also when I look back at my last post, I realize that it was around a year back, the same time when we all were leaving the cozy and comfortable college life and talking a plunge into the "real" world! 

This is definitely not the comeback like the ones which our actors make very often these days. However, I hope that this time around I manage to post something regularly and do not disappear like few celebrities who's only claim to stardom is a cameo in a B grade movie.

Time is relative, well I never understood what this statement really meant. I always assumed that people say few things cause they either want to sound intellectual or have some deeply complicated theory which "less learned" people, like me, can never understand. I look at the date stamp of my last post and it reads July 10, 2011. I am still shocked that it has been more than an year and the thought of writing something had not crossed my mind for long. Was I too busy with my work? Well, no more busy than any one else. Was I too lazy? No more than how I was in college. So I was trying to figure out what stopped me for so long and I couldn't really think of anything as such. 

The past one year has been eventful. We graduated, which, frankly speaking is a very big deal for a few of us, got involved in ours jobs, distances increased and so did our phone bills and now everyone seems to be more or less "settled". A very common line which comes up in almost all the conversations that I have these days is, "oh, college was so much better" or to my surprise, I have even heard "training was so much better!" Well, frankly speaking, good or bad, like time, is relative. However, there must be a logical explanation to why all of us feel the same. One thing that I could think of was that we now have responsibilities. We have to defend our actions and realize their consequences are far worse than just "a suspension". I guess somewhere, deep down in our hearts, we still want to be kids, far from complexities of decision making. As I jokingly say, "Life was much simpler when all that we had to decide was whether to miss the first internals, or the second or as in some of our cases, both!"

When I look back at the year gone by, I realize that it has not been as bad as we make it sound. Agreed that we faced few difficulties and had to make tough choices, but it was the year when we earned our first paycheck. It was the year where we grew emotionally (some of us even horizontally). It was the year which made us more mature, in which we applied all the "life skills" that we had gathered right from our childhood. It was the year that taught us that we can survive outside our comfort zone even if none of the familiar faces are around us. Today, when I think of it, I am actually surprised that I did not realize that it has been an year since we have been working. The time did fly by, the same way it did when I was in school, the same way it did when I moved to Delhi, the same way it did when I was in college or the same way that it does every time when I go home.

I would just like to leave you with a thought that struck me when I was writing this post, if time really is relative and the year gone by was a tough one, shouldn't it have taken "longer" for it to pass?

Hoping for "faster" years ahead!!! Signing off...

No comments: