Friday, August 7, 2009

..Going towards the sea bed..

"Two roads lead into the woods, and I took the one less travelled by.. And thats what made all the difference!!!"

One of the most interesting part of life is that it manages to surprise you at every corner. Just when you think that you have everything figured out, you are confronted with somethingor the other. Well it won't be right on my part to complain about it cause this is one aspect of life that ensures that we encounter something different from normal or which puts us out of our comfort zone and tests us. It ensures that life does'nt become monotonous. Just when you think you have it all figured out, it throws a surprise at you!

The ship which I took to sail in the sea of life was yet to hit any rough patch and the journey seemed to be going on pretty smooth. There were those minor hiccups but nothing big enough that my ship could'nt handle. What more could I have possibly asked for?

One morning I woke up and went to the 'deck'. The sun was shinning bright. It was what we call the perfect sailing weather. I was sitting there and enjoying the sea and my wine. I could'nt have asked for anything more. And just then I heard a deafening noise! I was thrown out of my chair. The force was very large. She had hit an iceberg!

A perfect day has just turned into a nightmare. The hit was big and there seemed no way to save her. I could hear the captain saying, "Abandon Ship" but how could I just leave her? We have sailed through the toughest days together, we have sailed through all the rough patches and come out of it strong; and now there she was, bleeding, making her way to the sea bed.

The captain came to me and asked me to get into the boat so that we could leave immediately but I could'nt do that. How could I just leave her? I finally decided to stay aboard. She had been there for me when I needed her, through all my tough times, through the worst phase of my life and she had hardly disappointed me. Now it was my turn.

Life is like a see saw. One moment you could be at the highest point and the other you could hit bottom. The only thing we should remember is that we should never give up. We should stay positive and have faith. If something is bound to happen, it will happen. However the least we could do is to make sure that we don't do something that even destiny decides to change its road; and ofcourse we should not be afraid to take hard decisions cause at times these hard decisions help us in the long run. Every day is a learning experience. I have had some wonderful times and I guess I should be strong enough to accept that I have made loads of mistakes. Some of which I really regret; but then I guess this is life. We can't really do anything about things of past. We just have to deal with it. Though I hope that one day I will be able to correct all my mistakes. I am still a kid who is learning with every passing day; afterall life is all about learning, is'nt it??

7 comments:

chayanika said...

hey! you write well :)

Tamanna said...

really nice.. n needless to add, a lot of us can soooo identify with all the sea stories we've heard..

really nice.. cant say it enough :)

Pranav Thakur said...

lol.. thanku both.. u r just bein generous..

Unknown said...

dude i get all the hidden and intricate meanings that this blog intends to bring out..i wont say that i identify with hitting the sea bed now but trust me everyone is pre-destined to hit the rock bottom once in life..now that you already have, you will be a better sailor(figuratively)...:)

and a very well written blog..i read your blog twice, something i dont generally do but you in your own philosophical ways have come up with a beautiful entry!!

happy blogging..

God's Favourite Son said...

nice use of metaphors peel, yes, the sail is tough and frought with dangers, so there are also those who are afraid to test the waters, I was reading about the cat today....always lands on its feet. We fall, we fail, but those who land on their feet always triumph.

Amitabh Anand said...

nice going man...really well conceived and written...keep up the good work!!!

Unknown said...

loved dis one cz i gt d inner n hidden meaning of it n felt it too so ya..awesom..:)